Thursday, June 7, 2012

In the blink of an eye

Welcome to Simply Sweet Sunday!  I have been wanting to start a blog for a while now and figure there is no better time than now to start.  Have you ever had one of those weeks when you are reminded over and over how fast time goes by?  How quickly your life can change? I have had one of those weeks and while starting a blog is certainly not a major event it is something I've wanted to do so here I am!  

One of the reminders of how fast time is going was watching my sweet little boy graduate from Kindergarten.  How did I become a mom of a soon to be 1st grader?!   

 It seems just like yesterday when I was rocking him to sleep. 

Now he climbs up to the top bunk and I can barely reach him to kiss him goodnight. Too fast, too fast. 

Even though I can feel time moving at lightening speed I try my best to stay present in the moment.  I don't want to miss anything and I'm so happy to be a part of my children's days.  At times it can be near impossible to not think of what is to come or to even wish for time to move a bit faster - we've all had those days when we pray for bedtime, right?  So my plan is to enjoy the sweet simple moments that life brings me everyday and try to reflect on them here before they are gone in a blink of an eye.




7 comments:

  1. Love your blog! I look forward to following. I also love sundays, its just a special kinda day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new layout! And the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very thought provoking... It is amazing how time seems to literally fly.

    Love the blog - it looks great! Looking forward to reading more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you stopped by and hope you visit again :)

      Delete
  4. Sharing your blog with my mom ... she loves it! My mom cant wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete