Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Reading List

Reading - something I use to do all the time, something I completely took for granted.  Now I go through spurts when I read nonstop or I read nothing at all - I'm in the read nothing at all spurt now.  I don't like to start reading a book when I know that I won't be able to really dive into the book and finish it - I learned this quickly after becoming a mom.  There are times when my brain just can't focus on reading a book - even super light reads.  My brain is just zapped some days!

I love to share good reads with fellow readers - here is my current list. 

One of my top favorite books is: 

It's been almost a decade since I first read this book but it still remains one of my favorites.  I loved hearing the woman's view and it's one of those books you don't quickly forget. 


 My three new book recommendations are: 

11/22/63 isn't your typical Stephen King book - which was perfect for me! Don't let the 849 pages scare you away {it almost did for me!}...just think of it as a trilogy. {I feel like almost every book is now part of a trilogy and it bugs me!}

I found The Language of Flowers to be fascinating. It's a well written story that tugged at my heart.

Rosamund Lupton wrote a great book. This this is not a happy, sweet book. It's a bit dark - it grabs you and you think you have it all figured out...but you don't!

On my "To Read" list are:







Linked up at:
Keeping It Simple: Motivate Me Monday
Lines Across: The Cure for the Common Monday


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the new post!! I enjoy reading, and like yourself go in spurts. I'm in reading mode and am currently reading Sisters ... interesting book and so far I cant put it down!! Thanks for the recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Glad you are enjoying Sister! If you have any book recommendations let me know :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog Adorned From Above and commenting on my book review.
    Thanks for the link to your blog. I am always looking for new books to read. I am now your newest follower.
    Debi
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete